New top story on Technology News: Ask HN: Best open source and/or free EDA tooling

Ask HN: Best open source and/or free EDA tooling
4 by lelanthran | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I last needed EDA type tools in 2012. Since then, wherever I was employed, I only wrote software and the actual PCB production was handled by a different team. I'm getting back into doing it all myself, and the tools I used to use (gEDA) are no longer in the repositories of my distros (debian-based). What is being used these days to do circuit diagrams, PCB layout, etc? First prize would be something already in many repositories (I see a `lepton` tool which I will try out), but I will accept a second prize of FLOSS or consolation prizes of `free to download, but closed-source`). TIA, I will read and consider all replies seriously.

Post a Comment

0 Comments